Veggies and dip are a great go-to snack! It’s one of those appetizers that you can place in the middle of a table, and continuously snack on; even if you are not hungry!
I used to buy store made dips and found they were full of preservatives and a bit pricey for the amount you get. There are so many flavours to choose from at the grocery store – dill, onion, vegetable, cucumber, spicy, etc. I never know which one to buy! Sorry, rambling on here about my grocery store struggles lol. So here is my dip with a combination of all those ingredients I want in ONE.
Serve with carrots, celery, cucumbers, red peppers, broccoli, etc. Also try cutting the veggies into fun shapes for your kids! It’s worth a try. And if they don’t eat them, throw them into your juicer/smoothie. 🙂
Servings: 6-10 people
• 1 container sour cream (500ml)
• ½ cup mayo
• 1 ½ tsp dried onion flakes (dried minced onion)
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp dried dill weed
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives (dried works too, but fresh chives give it a nice crunch) 🙂
• 3-4 drops of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
• freshly ground pepper
• 1 tsp salt
1. Mix all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve with loads of veggies!