This Masala Omelette will definitely hit you with a punch of flavours and give you the kick you need – no pun intended! If you’ve never had a Masala Omelette, give it a try this weekend!
The first time I tried a masala omelette was in India (one of my favourite places to visit)! It’s a popular street food in India and is normally served with a pav (traditional street bread).
You can totally add more ingredients like bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.Try it out in your kitchen this weekend!
• 3 Eggs
• 1 tsp milk
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 green chili, finely chopped
• 2 tsp red onions, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
• 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped (a wee bit more if you love cilantro like me!)
• 1/4 tsp MDH chaat masala
• 1/8 tsp tumeric
• 1/4 tsp garam masala
• 1/4 tsp red chili powder
• 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
• Salt to taste
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl, except the butter.
2. Heat butter in a non-stick pan on medium high heat.
3. Add the egg mixture. Cover with a lid.
4. Flip the omelette and cook uncovered for 30 seconds or until done. The key is to slightly brown it for a better taste!
5. Serve with buttered toast.