Looking for a quick and easy condiment to go with your curry? This is it. In fact, there are so many other foods you can put it on – wraps, sandwiches, rice, etc.
You can also eat it on its own. If you do that, you should probably add more vegetables and/or fruits.
• 1 container of yogourt
• 2 cucumbers, grated
• 1 tsp pureed garlic (a wee bit more won’t hurt)
• 1 tsp green chilies, finely chopped
• 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
• 1/8 tsp sugar
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1 tsp mustard seeds
• 8-10 curry leaves
• 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Grate the cucumbers. Use the fine grater side.
2. Squeeze out all of the water with your hands or a cheese cloth. You may have to do it a couple of times to ensure no water is left.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the yogourt, cucumbers, garlic, green chilies, salt and sugar.
4. Heat oil in a small pot. Add in the mustard seeds. As they begin to splutter, add in the curry leaves.
5. Remove from heat and spoon out the seeds & curry leaves to the mixing bowl.
6. Mix well and garnish with Cilantro.