This salad is a nice complement to spicy dishes. You can enjoy it on it’s own too! Be sure to make enough because your guests will surely want seconds!
This side will take you 10 minutes (or less) to make and it’s sooo easy 🙂
My recipe below says to add 2 cucumbers because I like more cucumbers, but you can totally just add 1 instead.
The vegetables in Kachumber salad are normally chopped a lot smaller. Feel free cut as per your preference – there is no right or wrong way!
• 2 cucumbers, cut into ½ inch cubes
• 1 small container of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• ½ of a medium red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 cup chopped cilantro
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp chaat masala
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• ½ tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, add cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion and cilantro.
2. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Mix and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.