I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this chicken 65 masala. I use it in my meatball curry, marinades and the actual dish “Chicken 65.” It has an incredible amount of flavour!
The brand I use is Aachi Chicken 65 Masala. I haven’t tried other brands, so I wouldn’t know if they are good or not, but this one really rocks. Heads up, it is spicy! I don’t add any green chilies whatsoever.
My Dad first made this for my Hubby and I last year, and we were amazed. My parents like to try new things in the kitchen. Mom will usually make healthy vegetarian meals, and Dad makes the non-vegetarian meals – sometimes unhealthy, but darn good meals. My love for cooking certainly came from them and I am super thankful for all they have taught me. 🙂
I tweaked his recipe and used a wee bit less spice, more veggies, and of course more cheese! I find pizza mozzarella cheese is sooo yummy! It is available in bricks as well (brands such as Cracker Barrel, Kraft, etc). In this dish, I used a mozzarella ball – that’s all I could find at the store.
I think there is no right or wrong way to make this dish but I highly recommend using the Aachi brand of masala specifically. If you find it, buy a couple boxes and store it in your freezer. Trust me, you will love it for marinades this Summer! Toss it with some yogourt, add some salt and BAM – you have a marinade for your meat, tofu or veggies.
Add some meat to this dish; tofu; or any other vegetable you like! Go wild!
Thank you for all the support you all have shown me! It has been a year since I started this blog and I am nothing but thankful for the love and support. If you happen to make a recipe of mine, I would love it if you could tag me or send me a picture.
Much love to you all. Hope you are all well and safe. ❤
• 1 454g box of rotini pasta (I used Barilla)
• 2 Mozzarella balls, grated
• 1 jar of Rao’s Arrabbiata – Hot
• 1 red pepper, sliced
• 1 green pepper, sliced
• 1 red onion, sliced
• 1 packet of cremini mushrooms, sliced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 tbsp Aachi Chicken 65 Masala
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cubes of Toppits Garlic or 2 tsp pureed garlic
• 2 cubes of Toppits Ginger or 2 tsp pureed ginger
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Save some pasta water in a bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat.
4. Add zucchinni and mushrooms. Sauté until all the water has evaporated.
5. Add onions, pepper and mushrooms. Sprinkle some salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Add ginger, garlic, ground pepper and Chicken 65 Masala. Mix well.
7. After about 5 minutes, add in Rao’s sauce and mix well.
8. I like to put some of the pasta water in the empty jar and swirl it around to take out any sauce that is left behind in the jar. Then, pour into the pot.
9. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
10. Taste and adjust for salt. It may seem overly spicy but keep in mind there will be cheese and sauce as well!
11. In a baking dish, spray with olive oil.
12. Add pasta to the baking dish.
13. Scoop out all the veggies from the sauce first. Spread evenly as shown in pic above.
14. Spread the sauce evenly over pasta.
15. Here comes the cheese, here comes the cheese. I like to add some cheese and then mix the pasta so it gets all in between everything.
16. Then, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pasta as a top layer. If you have some grated Parmesan, throw some on there too!
17. Bake for 30 minutes. Then, broil for 1-2 minutes until you get that cheesy, brown crispiness! My favourite part!
18. Once it’s out of the oven, let it sit for at least 10 minutes and then serve!