Here is a quick and easy way to make your own Refried Beans! They taste way better than the canned refried beans in the grocery stores but more importantly, they’re healthier 🙂
• 2 cups of dried pinto beans
• 4 cups of water
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tsp pureed garlic
• freshly ground pepper
• 1 packet of Old El Paso Chili Seasoning
1. Rinse the beans thoroughly and discard the water.
2. Add in all the ingredients for the Refried Beans (except the chili seasoning) in the Instant Pot.
3. Cook on HIGH pressure (manual) for 50 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaf and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
5. Add in the chili seasoning. I normally add in ¾ of the packet (it becomes too salty if you add too much).
6. Add in cream cheese and mix.